Thursday, March 11, 2010

Are You Sure You Know Where This Is Going?

Here's a story for you. Perhaps you've come across similar stories in the blogosphere. Only this one might not be what you expect...
The twenty something behind the wheel stops for a moment to place a call. There is traffic. Eight thirty is probably the earliest arrival time.

"No problem", she responds. She has been eagerly awaiting this meeting for some time. She has high hopes that they will 'click'. All her research has led to that conclusion.

Unfortunately, nobody arrives at 8:30. Her phone rings around 9:15. "I stopped off somewhere on the way and I'm only leaving now... is that OK?".

Once again, "No problem".

"What can we do locally at this late hour?"

"Well, unforturnately, there's no parking spaces to be found in my neighborhood at this hour."

"It's better that way. You see, I'm not very good at parallel parking and I really hate to try...."

"I see..... Well, we could just double park and talk......"

And so, my friends. What do you think happens next?
Well, I'll tell you.
Something Different and I have an *awesome* time getting to know each other while double parked in front of my house for two hours. (C'mon admit it... you thought it was a dating horror story, didn't you? Smiley Faces) I can tell you that she is just as interesting and clever in person as she is on her blog.

I'd sort of thought all along that the first time we got together we'd be doing some serious cake decorating or gourmet cooking, but this was a bit of a last minute meet up and we'll take what we can get. (We WILL be doing something creative together soon, but it's all very hush hush for now so you'll just have to stay tuned....).

I'll definitely give her a "second date" though!

2 comments:

Something Different said...

I can't wait for our second date either!!

Ezzie said...

That's not bad, but when we did the reverse to her, she brought us all kinds of goodies. :D